I’m a goal setter and last year, after learning about 18 for 2018, I set 18 goals for 2018. Now, while I pride myself on setting goals, I’m not the best at reaching all of my goals. . . yet! Today, I reflect on the goals I met, the goals I haven’t met. . .yet, and the goals I’m setting for myself for 2019.
18 for 2018
- monitor sugar intake – During a challenge at the gym in September, I was able to successfully monitor my sugar intake for about 3 weeks. Within those 3 weeks, I lost about 8 pounds, but more importantly, I was able to quit soda! I have not had a soda since September 18, 2018!
- get back in touch with creative side (craft, paint, re-purpose, etc.) I enjoyed many crafty activities in 2018, including beginning Pinterest Parties in which the participants create a craft based on a theme.
- weekend at Hotel Hershey (particularly the spa!) I was not able to schedule this in for 2018, so it’s on my list for 2019.
- create accent wall in basement We did create an accent wall out of reclaimed wood in the basement.
- say “yes” to my kids more I tried this, but I’m not sure I was incredibly successful!
- Family Fun Friday Night once a month This, unfortunately, fizzled out pretty quickly in early 2018.
- finish 3 puzzles and frame them Never even took the puzzles out of their boxes.
- bi-monthly adult evenings out We were fairly successful at this. I forgot to keep count, but there were several times that we went out with other couples in 2018
- plan family weekend trip to Philadelphia I wasn’t able to schedule this for 2018, so it’s on my list for 2019.
- date night once a month We were able to get several date nights in during 2018, but I don’t think they were monthly.
- clean out email in-box (this is a doozy!!) I did not get to this, so it is on my 2019 list.
- be in touch with long-time friends I did an OK job with this, but I want to do an even better job in 2019
- read every day (2017 was not my best reading season) I did not read every day and 2018 wasn’t my best reading season either. I’ve set a new reading goal for 2019.
- increase weight when strength training I started increasing the weight, but I stopped weight training regularly. I hope to get back to it in 2019.
- watch Big, Little Lies I binge watched the first season and hope to be able to binge watch the 2nd season when it comes out in 2019.
- write EVERY day I was unsuccessful at this, but hope to find, no make, more time for writing in 2019.
- create family photo albums I created one family photo album. ONE!
- organize home library I was unsuccessful at this in 2018, so have added it to my 2019 goals.
And here are my 19 for 2019
I hope that you are able to take some time to reflect on your 2018 and project what you would like to see in 2019. As the ball drops tonight on another year lived, I am hopeful that you find exactly what you are looking for in the new year!
One thought on “Looking Back to Move Forward in the New Year: 19 for 2019”
[…] I shared my 19 for 2019 visual. I tried to tie some of my goals for 2019 into my “one little word”. See, making […]